WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, the American Investment Council (AIC) released a new report highlighting how the private equity industry supports jobs and invests billions of dollars in the communities of all new members of Congress. AIC President and CEO Drew Maloney released the following statement about the new report:
- “Every new member of Congress has private equity-backed jobs and investment in their local community. Our new report demonstrates exactly how private equity invests across America and supports the jobs of millions of American workers. We look forward to working with each new Senator and Representative now to ensure they understand how private equity investment helps grow local economies, builds better businesses, and strengthens the pensions of public sector workers and retirees.”
The new AIC report specifically provides jobs and investment data for the nine new Senators and forty new members of the House of Representatives. Some highlights include:
- Senator Rick Scott of Florida
- Over 1 million private equity-backed jobs and $29 billion in private equity investment
- Senators Martha McSally and Kyrsten Sinema of Arizona
- Over 150,000 private equity-backed jobs and $10 billion in private equity investment
- Representative Haley Stevens of Michigan
- Over 49,000 private equity-backed jobs and $3 billion in private equity investment
- Representative Dan Crenshaw of Texas
- Over 16,000 private equity-backed jobs and $2.3 billion in private equity investment.
To read the full report, click here.
Across all 50 states, there are over 4.9 million Americans who are employed by both small and large companies backed by private equity. Between 2012-2017, private equity invested an estimated $3 trillion to grow American businesses. In fact, today there are currently about 32,000 American companies that are benefiting from private equity investment.