TUNE IN: AIC Sponsors Event with The Hill on Private Equity’s Role in Strengthening Retirements
Speakers include Senator Pat Toomey (R-PA), AIC Chair of the Board Pam Hendrickson, & Ohio School Employees Retirement System CIO Farouki Majeed
WASHINGTON, D.C. – On Wednesday, July 13 at 8:00 AM ET, the American Investment Council will host an event with The Hill examining how public pension funds across America depend on private equity investments to generate returns and secure retirements for millions of American workers and public servants. The Hill Contributing Editor Steve Clemons will moderate panels with Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA), Jason Fichtner, Chief Economist at the Bipartisan Policy Center, and Farouki Majeed, CIO of the Ohio School Employees Retirement System.
The event will also include a sponsored perspective panel, where Pam Hendrickson, AIC Board Chair, will join Drew Maloney, President & CEO of AIC, to discuss the upcoming 2022 American Investment Council Public Pension Study. The study, produced annually, highlights how private equity consistently outperforms other asset classes and continues to provide the strongest returns for public pension funds and the workers who rely on them.
- Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA), Member of the Senate Banking, Budget, and Finance Committees
- Jason Fichtner, Chief Economist at the Bipartisan Policy Center
- Farouki Majeed, CIO of the Ohio School Employees Retirement System
- Pam Hendrickson, American Investment Council Board Chair
- Drew Maloney, American Investment Council President & CEO
- Steve Clemons, Moderator, Contributing Editor at The Hill
When: Wednesday, July 13 from 8:00AM – 10:00AM ET
Where: 1777 F St. NW, Rockefeller-Peterson Room Washington, DC 20006
Register for the event here, and attend either in-person or remotely.